Tuesday, December 14, 2010

My life

Hi world, my name is Dena.  I am a single mother of two boys.  I became their foster mother in 2005 and then their adoptive mother.  The boys are in 7th grade and 2nd grade.  Their names are James and John.  I went to college to be a teacher, but decided to be a professional nanny instead.  Six years later I decided to change careers because my personal life was a mess.  I was told it would be very difficult to have kids.  I went into the payroll industry and did this for the next 11 years.  During this time I decided to foster and adopt because my dating life was not going anywhere, but my relationship with Jesus was stronger than ever.  I truly believe that God put my boys in my life.  I believe that we are following his plan, difficult and stressful as it may be. 
As the economy has failed, so has the job market.  Payroll is now often outsourced out of state or out of the country.  One year I took a break from volunteering in the church nursery to help my son's Sunday school class.  I worked with 4th graders and God opened my eyes to his plan, to go back to teaching.  Since that time I have gone back to school to get my masters degree in special education. 
This year has been a tough one for us, my health has not been great, the boys have issues, but with God, family, therapy and friends, we are making it. 
My goal is to remind myself that although our life is stressful and challenging and downright difficult, God is in charge.  If I can remind myself daily of this, then each day can begin anew.  Welcome to my blog.

2 comments:

mindi said...

I love your header picture!! Beautiful . . .

Marsha said...

Good Pictures Dena. Good to see you & your boys again. Love, Marsha